On 28 May 2021, SEAMEO CELLL hosted a virtual regional webinar on “Engaging adult learners in online lessons”. A total of 55 participants attended the meeting, most of whom are lecturers, teachers and educators from Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, etc.
The webinar featured four pre-recorded presentations from experienced and passionate teachers and educators:
1. Digital resources in ALE professionalization: The Curriculum GlobALE and its potential for online use
– Dr. Johann Heilmann
2. Developing Learner Agency in the Online Environment
– Ms. Vo Ngoc Khanh Minh
3. Adult learners’ Motivation in Online Learning
– Mr. Nguyen Dang Quang
4. Mobilize Community Learning Centers into LLLCenters through Online Communication
– Ms Vanna Peou
The webinar aims to provide participants with possible online use of Curriculum GlobALE and practical techniques to deliver engaging online lessons to adult learners. By the end of the webinar, the participants:
- got informed of Curriculum GlobALE and its potential for online use,
- gained an understanding of practical tactics that help engage adult learners in online classes,
- had their problems discussed and received suggestive solutions in related matters.
During the subsequent Q&A session, multiple questions were raised, indicating high interest from the participants. Participants of the webinar will each receive a fillable virtual certificate of attendance, sent during the webinar.
Despite being the first virtual webinar, it proved to be an effective and efficient mode. Its success promises to open up a new way of conveying and exchanging experience among interested participants in Asia countries.